THE CAMINO TRIP IS CANCELLED, WE INITIATED REFUNDS TO YOUR CREDIT CARDS
Information as of July 13, 2020
- We have initiated the refunds of trip deposits for all travelers to the original credit card travelers used to make the original payments.
- Our credit card processor stated that it can take 4-14 days for the refund to be reflected in your credit card account.
- Thank you for your patience!
- Please let us know if you have any questions, thank you!
Information as of May 4, 2020
- Iberia has now cancelled all flight segments
- Spain is still currently preventing arrivals for non-EU citizens
- The U.S. Department of State is maintaining the Global Level 4 Health Advisory — Do Not Travel
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in maintaining Spain in their Warning - Level 3, Avoid Nonessential Travel Health Notice
Christopher Travel is taking the following action:
- We have requested full refunds because of the Iberia flight cancellations.
- As soon as we obtain refunds from Iberia we will issue full refunds of the $750 trip deposit.
- Please let us know if you prefer to receive an initial $193.85 refund now and the balance of the $556.15 refund when received from Iberia.
- Note that refund timing from Iberia is unknown.
Information as of April 6, 2020
- There are currently travel restrictions & impediments for the planned May 2020 Camino trip!
- Spain is currently preventing arrivals for non-EU citizens
- The U.S. Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory — Do Not Travel
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention includes Spain in their Warning - Level 3, Avoid Nonessential Travel Health Notice
- Christopher Travel is not collecting additional payment for the Camino trip unless we learn that the trip will proceed.
If it becomes impossible to take the trip due to the Force Majeure event, then Christopher Travel plans to take the following action:
- We will monitor the Iberia flight status and wait for them to cancel the flight -- if they cancel we anticipate the ability to request a refund. If they do not cancel the flight then we will request flight vouchers good for future travel on Iberia. See our post about why we recommend waiting for Iberia to cancel, here.
- If Iberia cancels the flight and we are able to obtain refunds from them, then we will issue full refunds of the $750 trip deposit.
- If Iberia does not cancel the flight, then we will issue refunds of $193.85 and you will have an Iberia flight voucher in the amount of $556.15.
Monday, May 18, 2020 to Monday, May 25, 2020
- Depart from the Washington, D.C. area on Monday, May 18, 2020 to arrive in Lisbon or Santiago de Compostela on Tuesday.
- If flying to Lisbon then chartered vans will take the group to Fatima then on to O Porriño. If flying to Santiago de Compostela then chartered vans will take the group to O Porriño.
- The Camino walk to Santiago de Compostela, led by Father Choi, will take place on Wednesday, May 20th through Sunday, May 24th.
- Chartered transfers will take the group to the Santiago de Compostela airport on Monday, May 25, 2020 for the return flight to Washington, D.C., arriving the same day.
The Travel Group
This is a planned group of less than 10, led by Father Choi.
- Total walking distance for the Camino is approximately 70 miles.
- Inclusions: Group air (flights to be determined - air carrier identity will be assigned and disclosed at a later date), ground transportation from the Lisbon or Santiago de Compostela airport, ground transportation to the Santiago de Compostela airport, and hostel type shared accommodations listed in the itinerary are included in the price.
- Exclusions: Baggage fees, seat assignments, meals, travel insurance, and any additional items not included in the itinerary description are excluded from the price.
- Please remember to pack light: you must carry your backpack the entire way!
- Note that third party travel insurance is recommended, but not required, to participate in the group trip.