When you are looking for travel inspiration or simply looking for a break from life do some armchair travel, build your bucket list, and get a bird’s eye view of the world.
Reader’s Digest has a good starting list:
- Reader’s Digest webcams that let you virtually travel
These are some of our personal favorites:
- Northern Lights, from Polar Bears International. Play with your computer sound on, you may hear some strong wind too!
- Venice, with multiple different views
- Northern Marianas Islands
- Katmai National Park’s “World-Famous Bear Cams” (when the bears are not hibernating)
- Reagan National Airport (DCA) – Washington D.C. – Runway 19 – River Visual Approach
– Scroll down to the comments section to see more camera views
– Bonus points if you use LiveATC.net to listen and watch at the same time!
- Trevi Fountain in Rome, Italy
Google also provides Virtual Reality tours of the National Parks, fun for a quick look: